Motorcycle Insurance

The best place to ride a motorcycle in the U.S.A. is California! You will need to have insurance if you plan to get a motorcycle and ride.

Motorcycle Insurance

Fairfax Insurance Services offers a variety of options and packages to get you on the road and covered. We are not only and insurance agents offering a policy, but we can help advise you if you are interested in becoming a newly licensed motorcycle rider. There are discounts you can receive from your insurance policy if you have taken an approved Safety Rider Course, or if you are in a special motorcycle club.


The same California law for insurance applies to motorcycle riders as it does for drivers of other automobiles. You are required to carry at least $15,000 per person, $30,000 per occurrence for bodily injury liability and $5,000 of property damage insurance coverage. This law will potentially save you from license suspension, lawsuits, and future financial hardship in the event you are at fault in an accident. These liability limits are the minimum requirements, and are also required for mopeds, scooters, dirt bikes, and trikes having at least 150 cc’s of power. You will definitely want to consider increasing the limits of liability.

Financing/Leasing a Bike:
You may need to finance your bike. This means that the motorcycle you purchase is a larger expense. And the bike itself will need coverage in case it is destroyed. Your finance company needs to know that they will not lose the money they loaned you for the value of the motorcycle. This is where comprehensive and collision deductibles come in, and will change the price of your insurance significantly depending on the value of the bike, along with having a valid M1 endorsement on your driver license, what is on your driving record, and the years of riding experience you have.

Additional Motorcycle Insurance Info:
There are additional coverages for your motorcycle. You may have a custom built bike, and need special accessories coverage. You will also want to consider purchasing, uninsured motorist protection. This will protect you if a driver does not have insurance and injures you, or damages your bike. You may also want to consider roadside assistance coverage. Please speak with one of our licensed agents today.